Are you feeling stuck?
Know something is wrong, but you don't know how to fix it?
Is your lack of confidence or low self esteem getting in the way?
Do you want to talk to a professional about your life?
Do you want practical, evidence based solutions?
If you answered yes to any of the above, you are not alone.
For personal reasons and in partial fulfilment of the many psychotherapy courses we have undertaken, we have undergone extensive therapy. Hence, we are very aware of how anxiety-provoking it is to open up to another person about one’s own personal difficulties. With that, our aim as therapists is always to listen, non-judgmentally and compassionately, in the hope that you feel genuinely understood and accepted. We try to see your problems from your perspective and to see the world from your viewpoint. We continuously work towards establishing a sound relationship; as we know without this, it is almost impossible to open up about personal issues.
In our clinical work, we specialise in helping people with:
- Low Self Esteem/ Lack of Confidence
- Anxiety related problems, including:
- Social Anxiety– a persistent fear about social situations and being around people
- Panic Attacks– periods of intense fear or apprehension that are of sudden onset and of variable duration from minutes to hours
- Agoraphobia– anxiety in and avoidance of certain situations often due to crowdedness or vastness.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)– unwanted, unpleasant thoughts, images or urges that repeatedly enters a person’s mind, causing anxiety and motivation to engage in a behaviour to reduce the anxiety.
- Health Anxiety– persistent worrying about your own and/or others health.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)– anxiety disorder caused by very stressful, frightening or distressing events including road accidents, violent personal assaults, such as sexual assault, mugging or robbery, prolonged sexual abuse, violence or severe neglect and military combat.
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)– anxiety and uncontrollable worry about a wide variety of situations associated with restlessness, trouble concentrating or sleeping
- Specific Phobias– irrational fear and avoidance of a specific object (e.g. animal) or situation (e.g. heights)
- Relationship Issues– including romantic, family, friendships and other platonic relationships.
We also have experience in working with:
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Binge Eating Disorder and Bulimia
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling) and Dermatillomania (compulsive skin picking)
- Childhood Trauma
- Domestic Violence
- Paranoid Delusions
- Personality Disorders
- CBT for people with Learning Disabilities
We are HCPC registered Practitioner Psychologists and/or BABCP accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapists and/or members of the British Psychology Society (BPS) and/or accredited by BACP.
Code of Ethics and Professional Practice
We adhere to the Ethical Guidelines set out by the HPCP, BPS, BACP and BABCP, and refer you to their websites for further information.
As part of the requirements for maintaining our accreditation and registration with the above noted governing bodies, we regularly attend conferences and workshops. We also attend regular clinical supervision as part of our own continuous professional development.
Do you have questions?
It's not unusual to have questions about what type(s) of therapy may be suitable for you.
We're here to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch so we can discuss what might help you.
Dr Kate Bexley (Principal Psychologist) Experience Overview:
2017-2019: Principal Supervising Psychologist, NHS
2016-2017: Senior High Intensity Therapist, NHS
2014- Present – Principal Psychologist, Change You (Private Practice)
2013-2014: Honorary Counselling Psychologist, Addiction and Support Service.
2010- 2016: High Intensity CBT Therapist/ Supervisor, NHS.
2008-2010: Assistant Psychologist, The Priory Hospital, Roehampton.
2008-2009: Honorary Psychotherapist in training, Kids Company.
2007-2008: Mental Health Support Worker, MCCH.
2006-2008 – Supportive Listener, Samaritans.
2018: EMDR Practitioner, EMDR Academy, London
2016: Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, City University, London.
2015: Interpersonal Therapy (IPT), Anna Freud Centre
2010-2011: Post Graduate Diploma in CBT, Royal Holloway, University of London
2009-2010: Post Graduate Certificate in CBT (Expert Practice), Kings College, University of London
2008-2009: Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Roehampton University, London
2004-2008: BSc (Hons) Psychology, University of Kent, Canterbury