Are you feeling stuck?
Know something is wrong, but you don't know how to fix it?
Is your lack of confidence or low self esteem getting in the way?
Do you want to talk to a professional about your life?
Do you want practical, evidence based solutions?
Welcome to Counselling Psychology Online
If you answered yes to any of the above, you are not alone.
Counselling Psychology Online is group of skilled and friendly Counselling Psychologists, CBT Therapists and Counsellors offering online private psychological therapy. We can offer online therapy across the UK and further afield, as well as some face to face sessions in areas where we are based, including London/Surrey borders, Staffordshire, Kent and Somerset.
We work with a number of different private healthcare insurance providers including Aviva, AXA PPP, Bupa, Cigna HealthCare, Vitality Health and WPA Healthcare, as well as with self-funding individuals offering counselling and therapy for a range of different disorders.
For personal reasons and in fulfilment of the many psychology and psychotherapy courses we have undertaken, here at Counselling Psychology Online, we have undergone extensive therapy ourselves. Hence, we are very aware of how anxiety-provoking it can be to open up to another person about your own personal difficulties. With that, our aim as therapists is always to listen, non-judgmentally and compassionately, in the hope that you feel genuinely understood and accepted. We aim to see your problems from your perspective and to help you to see another, more helpful viewpoint. We continuously work towards establishing a sound relationship; as we know without this, it is impossible to open up about personal issues.
Counselling Psychology Online Specialisms:
We are experienced in working with many different types of problems, including:
- Low Self Esteem/ Lack of Confidence / Imposter Syndrome feeling like you are not good enough
- Depression persistent low mood, sense of hopelessness
- Anxiety related problems, including:
- Social Anxiety– a persistent fear about social situations and being around people
- Panic Attacks– periods of intense fear or apprehension that are of sudden onset and of variable duration from minutes to hours
- Agoraphobia– anxiety in and avoidance of certain situations often due to crowdedness or vastness.
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)– unwanted, unpleasant thoughts, images or urges that repeatedly enters a person’s mind, causing anxiety and motivation to engage in a behaviour to reduce the anxiety.
- Health Anxiety– persistent worrying about your own and/or others health.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)– anxiety disorder caused by very stressful, frightening or distressing events including road accidents, personal assaults, sexual assault, severe neglect and military combat.
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)– anxiety and uncontrollable worry about a wide variety of situations associated with restlessness, trouble concentrating or sleeping.
- Specific Phobias– fear and avoidance of a specific object (e.g. animal) or situation (e.g. heights).
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) – extreme emotional and physical symptoms prior to the menstrual cycle.
- Trichotillomania (Hair Pulling Disorder) – uncontrollable urge to pull hair out.
- Relationship Issues– including romantic, family, friendships and other platonic relationships.
We also have Experience in Working with:
- Drug and Alcohol Addiction
- Eating Disorders
- Borderline / Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- Trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling) and Dermatillomania (compulsive skin picking)
- Childhood Trauma
- Domestic Violence
- Paranoid Delusions
Counselling Psychology Online work with:
- Individual adults (18+)
- Children and young people
We are HCPC registered Practitioner Psychologists and/or BABCP accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapists and/or members of the British Psychology Society (BPS) and/or accredited by BACP.
Code of Ethics and Professional Practice:
We adhere to the Ethical Guidelines set out by the HPCP, BPS, BACP and BABCP, and refer you to their websites for further information.
As part of the requirements for maintaining our accreditation and registration with the above noted governing bodies, we regularly attend conferences and workshops. We also attend regular clinical supervision as part of our own continuous professional development.
Treatment Through Private Health Insurance:
We are registered providers of psychological therapy with Aviva, AXA PPP, Bupa, Cigna HealthCare, Vitality Health and WPA Healthcare. Please do ask if you are covered by alternative insurance provider as some require patient details before we are able to register with them.
Self-Funding Counselling Psychology Online Fees:
We offer a free 15 minute initial consultation by telephone. For the therapy, we charge £75 – £110 per 50 minute session. Please see our fee page for more information.
Do you have questions?
It's not unusual to have questions about what type(s) of therapy may be suitable for you.
We're here to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch so we can discuss what might help you.
Types of Therapy
When We Offer Therapy
Monday: 9:00 – 20:30
Tuesday: 9:00 – 20:30
Wednesday: 9:00 – 20:30
Thursday: 9:00 – 20:30
Friday: 9:00 – 20:30
Saturday: 9:00 – 17:00
Sunday: 9:00 – 17:00
Who Are Counselling Psychology Online?
Counselling Psychology Online is group of skilled and friendly Counselling Psychologists, CBT Therapists and Counsellors offering online private psychological therapy. We are based in Surrey, Kent, Staffordshire and Somerset, but due to being online therapists, we can offer our services to clients all around the United Kingdom.
Our clinicians are experienced in providing individually tailored treatments for adults, children, adolescents, couples and families.
We offer empathic, non-judgmental and confidential therapy for a range of psychological, emotional and relational difficulties, including depression, anxiety (panic, social anxiety, PTSD, OCD, health anxiety, phobias) relationship difficulties, ‘life transitions’, anger, eating disorders and addictions.
Our approaches include CBT, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Compassion Focussed Therapy (CFT), Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR), Dialectic Behavioural Therapy (DBT) and Counselling.