Why Online Therapy?
We are are happy to offer online therapy sessions through Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype and Vsee.
In light of the current pandemic and government guidelines, most psychologists, therapists and counsellors are offering remote sessions. This is mainly because social distancing rules only apply to contacts of 10-15 minutes and face to face sessions with PPE can feel quite impersonal.
Even before Covid-19, many people found online therapy a convenient way to access support. This is especially true if your time is limited or you simply prefer to have therapy from the comfort of your own home. Online psychology can also be a good option if you are permanently based overseas and would like regular sessions from a UK based therapist.
Several studies have found online support is as effective as traditional face-to-face therapy. For example, Dr. Kessler and colleagues found that CBT was effective for the treatment of depression when delivered online in real time by a therapist. They concluded that real-time online psychology offers the flexibility and responsiveness of face-to-face therapy and is appropriate for people with severe symptoms.
In preparation for online sessions please ensure you follow these steps:
- Download the video call software – this is available for most computers, laptops, android devices iPhones and iPads.
- Set up an account.
- Connect a webcam to your computer (this is preferable, but not essential)
If you are unsure, please don’t hesitate to let us know and we will gladly guide you through the process.
For online sessions, we would also recommend that you:
– Use a headset / earphones with a microphone .
– Ensure that you are somewhere where you can speak in confidence without any disruptions during your sessions.
Do you have questions?
It's not unusual to have questions about what type(s) of therapy may be suitable for you.
We're here to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch so we can discuss what might help you.
Types of Counselling:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Enhanced CBT (CBT-E)
- Person-Centred Therapy (PCT)
- Psychosynthesis Counselling
- Transactional Analysis Counselling (TA)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)