CBT Therapist, EMDR Therapist & Counsellor
Debbie is a qualified and accredited CBT Therapist, is a trained EMDR therapist, as well as a skilled Counsellor. She is a patient, warm and friendly therapist who has been helping people manage and overcome mental health difficulties for over 16 years.
Before qualifying as a CBT and EMDR therapist, Debbie trained as and became a highly experienced Counsellor, which means that she places a high value on truly empathising with, and validating your difficulties by understanding them from your frame of reference. She is also able to bring in the skills and techniques learned through her training in CBT and EMDR to help you move toward effective and lasting change.
Debbie can help you if you are struggling with:
- Anxiety related difficulties, including Obsessions, OCD, Phobias, Social Anxiety, Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD), Panic, Agoraphobia, and Health Anxiety.
- Depression and / or low self-esteem
- PTSD/ Trauma, including service veterans and those effected by abuse.
- Bereavement and Loss
- Disordered eating
- Difficulties managing emotions, including self-harm
- Health related issues, including chronic fatigue syndrome / ME and disabilities
- Cultural and identity issues, including sexual identity / sexuality
- Child related issues, including infertility and pregnancy related difficulties
- Relationship difficulties, including sex-related issues
- Anger management
- Work related issues, stress, including redundancy
- November 2018 to Present – Senior High Intensity Therapist/Supervisor, We Are With You, Surrey Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT)
- September 2015- November 2018 – High Intensity Therapist, Thinkaction, Surrey Improving Access To Psychological Therapies (IAPT)
- April 2014 to September 2015, Recovery Team Leader, CRI, Tonbridge
- April 2012 to April 2014, Criminal Justice Recovery Worker, Tonbridge
- March 2009 to April 2012 – Counsellor/Alcohol Treatment Requirement Worker, / Structured Psychosocial Interventions Worker, Kenward Trust, Yalding.
- August 2005 to March 2009, Independent Living Worker – Substance misuse and mental health, West Sussex.
- September 2006 to September 2007 – Counsellor, West Sussex.
- September 2004 to August 2005 – Mental Health Support Worker – Residential Care, West Sussex.
- May 2004 to September 2006 – Counsellor, Springvale Community Mental Health Centre, West Sussex.
2019: EMDR Practitioner, EMDR Academy, London.
2016: Postgraduate Diploma in High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, University of Surrey.
2004: Advanced Diploma in Counselling
BABCP The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
BACP The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Debbie is registered with the following professional standards authorities:
The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP);
The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)