Structural Clinical Management Therapy (SCM) Online
What is SCM?
Structural clinical management is a therapeutic approach that focuses on understanding and addressing the underlying structural factors contributing to mental health issues. By examining the broader context in which individuals live and experience distress, structural clinical management aims to provide more comprehensive and effective treatment.
Key points regarding SCM:
- Structural clinical management is a therapeutic framework that considers the impact of your social, economic, and cultural factors on mental health and well-being.
- It takes a holistic perspective, recognising that individual struggles are often influenced by external factors such as systemic inequalities, social norms, and environmental stressors. It aims to understand how these factors shape your experiences and contribute to your difficulties.
- SCM pays close attention to the significance of social determinants of mental health. These include factors such as poverty, discrimination, access to healthcare, education, and social support networks. It seeks to address these determinants and their impact on your mental well-being.
- SCM involves a collaborative partnership between the therapist and you. It encourages open dialogue, active participation, and shared decision-making. You would be encouraged to explore and articulate your experiences within the broader social context.
- Treatment Strategies: These may include exploring your social and cultural background, identifying systemic barriers, challenging oppressive structures, and advocating for social change. It may also involve providing resources, referrals, and support networks to address practical needs.
- Strength-Based Approach: SCM recognises and builds upon your strengths and resilience. It aims to empower you by helping you to develop coping skills, promoting self-advocacy, and fostering a sense of agency in navigating your social environment.
- Outcomes: These include increased self-awareness, enhanced coping skills, improved relationships, and a greater sense of control over your life.
By addressing the structural factors contributing to your mental health issues, the approach strives for long-term sustainable change.
Here at Counselling Psychology Online, we are trained counsellors in SCM with many years experience. We are a group of therapists scattered throughout the UK in Surrey, Kent, Somerset and Stoke, and service clients throughout the UK online.
Do you have questions?
It's not unusual to have questions about what type(s) of therapy may be suitable for you.
We're here to help. Please don't hesitate to get in touch so we can discuss what might help you.
Types of Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
- Interpersonal Therapy (IPT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Enhanced Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT-E)
- Person-Centred Therapy (PCT)
- Psychosynthesis Therapy
- Transactional Analysis Therapy (TA)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
- Mentalization Based Therapy (MBT)
- Structural Clinical Management (SCM)
Structural Clinical Management with Counselling Psychology Online
We have a wealth of experience tailoring SCM Therapy online with adults, children, adolescents, couples and families. For answers to some of our most commonly asked questions, please visit our FAQ page.
To begin your therapy or for any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.